Saturday, December 25, 2010

Marijuanna Wintour

Recently, I heard a rumor about a connection between Anna Wintour and Bob Marley, and I needed to confirm the details. Just by chance, the source of the information ended up being the book, Front Row Anna Wintour: The Cool Life and Hot Times of Vogue’s Editor in Chief, a book we sell at my work.


Jerry Oppenheimer, the author of the biography explains, “Anna had fallen for someone unlikely: a dreadlocked, ganja-smoking, black Rastafarian”.


Through a mutual friend, Anna received back stage passes to a Manhattan concert of Bob Marley and The Wailers. Alida Morgan, a friend of Anna, recounts this memory in Front Row:

“Anna riveted, and she’d go out every night after the concerts with the band to have dinner, go on the town. When she came back we said, ‘Anna, you look exhausted.’ She had these purple circles under her eyes. She says she didn’t have an affair, but she had this revelation and felt she had a mystical experience. I said, ‘How come I’m not invited?’ But when Anna found something that good, she wanted to keep it to herself. I don’t think anything moved her as much as Bob Marley.”

It would be my new life goal to session with Anna Wintour, considering I've already played in her clothes.

Always look to the bright side of the sun,

Puffy

No comments:

Post a Comment